Thread: Washington State boat licens tabs

Default Washington State boat licens tabs

I think we just got hit with back door $5.00 more this year. We got a card in the mail a while back that the State would no longer be sending out renewal letters. OK I will have to remember when the boat comes due, the wife's car, my pickup, the boat trailer and the other two trailer that I have. I got a renewal for the boat trailer in the mail. $40.00 and you can renew on line. After going to the web site and entering all of the info. Please enter the office in your county that you would like to pickup the tabs from or have them mailed to you from a office in your county for $45.00. I did renew the boat on line and the office in Battle ground will be sending the tabs for a $5.00 fee. I don't mind the $5.00 when I go to the office and use their service, but having to use the service whether I want it of not kind of gets to me. I know the state is out of money and are trying to save where they can, but I am also short on funds.

Fred P............

I think they did that last year as well. You can sign up for online reminders. I just renewed my dink because I forgot to have them remind me and as I walked past the dink this PM, I noted the tags were last years... I get mine within 3 days of online ordering. The fee says it is for all the computer equipment they require to make the online system work well... that and administrative fees.. LOL
    Doug;}
    "Go Aweigh To" 2001 2452
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos

MMSI: 338068776

I paid for mine online too, and saw that option, but instead chose to have them sent to me via Olympia, did NOT pay the $5 extra and got them in less than a week. So you do not have to pay the $5 if you read carefully what they are asking you.
    "Jaruba"
    1980 2350

boatguy@iboatnw.com

Well it looks like I will have to read it one more time to find the $5.00 prize.

Fred P.............

Thanks Ted,

I found the Olympia office that is marked closed and $5.00 less.

Fred P..............

Trust me I almost got caught in their trap too, they are tricky how they word it 'eh!
    "Jaruba"
    1980 2350

boatguy@iboatnw.com

So does that mean you have to drive to Olympia and back?
    Doug;}
    "Go Aweigh To" 2001 2452
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos

MMSI: 338068776

No silly they mail them to you!
    "Jaruba"
    1980 2350

boatguy@iboatnw.com

Hmm, my tabs were $400 less than last year. The state must have finally decided my boat does depreciate. First time i've ever overestimated a boating expense, usually I underestimate by about half.
    Dan
    Tiara S/4300
    CARUS
    Everett, Wa
    MMSI 338085742

The license offices are not operated by the state. They are independent "contractors" so-to-speak. The $5 is their fee for the service they provide. As mentioned, if you utilize the state office, there's no fee. The state office is closed to in-person transactions, but does fulfill electronic renewals.
    There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so-much worth doing as simply messing-about in boats.

My name is Matt, and I have a boat problem!
    2006 SeaSport 2400 Explorer
    16-ft home-built Sea Kayak
    1978 Don Hill Drift Boat
    Sea Eagle 10.6SSRIK